Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween in Review

What fun we had on Halloween!  It sounded this morning like everyone had a great evening of trick-or-treating last night... I know they also had a jam-packed school day yesterday, which I wanted to share a bit of with you.

We began by listening to first grade authors from Mrs. Young's class read to us.  After that we headed over to the computer lab as a class for the first time.  Mr. Barter taught us how to make virtual jack-o-lanterns, which was really exciting!  Then we of course had our Kindergarten school parade, which made us feel VERY special... the big kids loved our masks.
Focused faces

Listening to Mr. Barter's directions
Check out how seriously we approached the parade!

Our Kindergarten friends, also in the parade

Happy Halloween!


After lunch and recess, we had P.E. before enjoying spooky snacks- ghosts, pumpkins, cats and bats.  Then we headed into town to watch Grades 1-4 and the school band in their parade.  We had a great time watching them in action on the beautiful afternoon...
Great costumes!

Showing our appreciation, and anticipating our own costume changes soon!  



















All in all, I'd say Halloween 2011 was a success.  We changed our calendar to November today, which I can't believe has already arrived.


Notice about Upcoming Conferences

Next Wednesday evening and Thursday (daytime) we will have parent-teacher conferences.  Students do not come to school Thursday, Nov. 10 due to conferences, nor do they come Friday, Nov. 11 as it is Veterans' Day.   I will be sending out a notice with sign-up times at the end of this week to schedule a time to meet with each of you to discuss your child's progress and share with you their portfolio.   The meetings will last twenty minutes each.  For your information, report cards will not be given out until December; these conferences are simply a time for us to touch base and talk about your child, which I am so looking forward to.

Have a great night :)

~ Mrs. Fournier

No comments:

Post a Comment