We are having one of our busiest weeks yet! You all know how excited your children are for Halloween, and combining that will all of the work we are completing, the Halloween activities we are experiencing and the crisp fall weather that has arrived... let's just say we have been very eagerly productive! I haven't even been able to photograph it all, but here are some highlights from the past week and a half:
 |
| Sharing a handmade gift at Share Time! |
 |
| Checking out a FLIGHT binder- wow! |
 |
| Tis' the season... for scarecrows! |
 |
| Pattern block scarecrows (I told you, tis' the season) |
 |
| Colorful legs on this one! |
 |
| Super scary monster faces after we read Where the Wild Things Are |
 |
| Yep, more monsters |
 |
| Poem of the Week (note: Read in witch's voice, of course) |
Not pictured:
-Reading with our third grade buddies
-Working on writing and illustrating our own Halloween stories during Writers' Workshop (will send home soon, I promise!)
-Business of Reading!! Thank you SO much to Marie Yarborough, Julie Hill-Warner, Debbie Mountford, Bill Weir, and Rob Levin.... the kids adore having different people read to them each day :)
-Listening to the new record one of our classmates brought in... get this: it's the Jane Fonda Workout Mix, from 1981. We listen while we have choice time and the kids count along and we even did some crazy stretches. So if anyone has 14 little sweatbands and/or leg warmers they'd like to donate, we will not disappoint! It is pretty hysterical.
I'd keep writing and sharing pictures, but I've got to get art supplies ready for tomorrow's mask-making adventure. Have a great night!
Thanks for keeping us all updated on the kids and what they are learning weekly.. I look forward to reading and looking at the pictures..
ReplyDelete